The PYTHON 5000 is a 1 inch 5.3 megapixel CMOS image sensor with a pixel array of 2592 by 2048 pixels.
The high sensitivity 4.8 µm x 4.8 µm pixels support low noise “pipelined” and “triggered” global shutter readout modes. Furthermore the correlated double sampling (CDS) support in global shutter mode results in reduced noise and increased dynamic range.
The sensor has on-chip programmable gain amplifiers and 10-bit A/D converters. The integration time and gain parameters can be reconfigured without any visible image artifact. Optionally the on-chip automatic exposure control loop (AEC) controls these parameters dynamically. The image’s black level is either calibrated automatically or can be adjusted by adding a user programmable offset.
A high level of programmability using a four wire serial peripheral interface enables the user to read out specific regions of interest. Up to 16 regions can be programmed, achieving even higher frame rates. The sensor has 8 LVDS lanes, facilitating frame rates up to 100 frames per second in Zero ROT mode. Each channel runs at 720 Mbps. A separate synchronization channel containing payload information is provided to facilitate the image reconstruction at the receiving end.
The PYTHON 5000 is packaged in a 84-pin LCC package and is available in a monochrome, color and extended Near Infrared (NIR) version.
- IP-CDS global shutter technology
- Enables global shutter imaging with single digit noise performance
- True HW scalable family concept
- Easily adopt multiple resolutions (5 resolutions with single PCB)
- High configurability
- High flexibility to optimize sensor for customer application
- Fast adaptability
- Fast switching between operating modes
- Multiple windowing
- Speed increase from windowing in x- and y- direction
- Higher frame rates
- Faster image capturing capabilities
- High Dynamic Range
- Retain image detail in high-contrast scenes
- Machine Vision
- Motion Monitoring
- Traffic Surveillance (ITS)
- Industrial cameras and systems
- Intelligent Traffic Systems (ANPR)
- Medical Imaging Systems
- Inspection systems (food, bottles, recycling labels)